14 March 2008

TGIF

I woke up late today. It's amazing how sometimes I can sleep through 4o minutes of loud NPR in the morning. Usually if I'm too tired to get up at 6:00 I will just lay on my belly and listen to the news, dragging myself out of bed when my bladder screams.

No shower. Wash face, brush teeth, rub on deoderant, throw back hair. Dress. Grab food, drive.

Brekky at work: multigrain flax toast with Neufchatel and fresh strawberries. More dx code reviewing. Lunch with the girls: brown rice mix, baby spinach, smart strips, tomato and avocado, and butternut bisque. YUM.

3:15 Dog walking
There was a new puppy today, a St. Bernard mix...I'm in love. He kept jumping onto my leg and nuzzling up to my underarm. I love him. Dozer. There was a Pekingese that Joan would love. Manny - he snorted the entire time we were walking. He also peed four times, as if there wasn't enough territory there for him and the others. A new pit bull, Kya. Shy but gorgeous, almost an albino, save for a few nose freckles. Gorgeous icy blue eyes. Max too, a big German shephard, he's new to me. Fluffy black tail, loud bark, sweet disposition. But I am still in love with Dozer.

At home I relaxed with a few minutes of a random TV show while chomping on a seeded baguette. It was still early so I ran for 30 min on the treadmill while watching episodes of Family Guy online. Great show. Stretching, following by a real, good, hot shower. Washed my hair today! Got dressed and Stacie was there. I dried my hair and ate two quesadilla triangles that were leftover from the night prior. She was talking to dad anyway.

We went to Bennigan's to meet the girls from work. We were late, as Jess so nicely pointed out. They were already half-tipped. Grey goose and tonic with lime, please; Killian's for my sister. We both wore green in spirit of the upcoming St. Patrick's Day.

A little history:

"St. Patrick of Ireland is one of the world's most popular saints. Apostle of Ireland, born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387; died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, 17 March, 461.

As a boy of fourteen or so, he was captured during a raiding party and taken to Ireland as a slave to herd and tend sheep. Ireland at this time was a land of Druids and pagans. He learned the language and practices of the people who held him.

During his captivity, he turned to God in prayer. Patrick's captivity lasted until he was twenty, when he escaped after having a dream from God in which he was told to leave Ireland by going to the coast. There he found some sailors who took him back to Britian, where he reunited with his family.

He had another dream in which the people of Ireland were calling out to him 'We beg you, holy youth, to come and walk among us once more.'

Patrick began his studies for the priesthood. On March 25, 433, after being ordained a Bishop, he arrived in Slane to begin preaching the Gospel throughout Ireland. He and his disciples preached and converted thousands and began building churches all over the country. Kings, their families, and entire kingdoms converted to Christianity when hearing Patrick's message. He used the shamrock to explain the Trinity, and it has been associated with him and the Irish since that time.

After years of living in poverty, traveling and enduring much suffering Patrick died at Saul on March 17, 461. This is where he had built the first church."

-> info extracted from http://www.catholic.org/ (I am not promoting Catholocism, simply using their data. I was tempted to use Wikipedia, but we all know that anyone can write those facts.)

Music of the day:
- Yael Naim
- Sara Bareilles (thanks ADK)
- Lisa Hannigan
- Damien Rice
- Johnny Lang *
- Rachael Yamagata
- Sam Cooke
- David Ford (there is also a visual artist by this name)

Once again, it's past midnight...and my musical experiences have just been broadened. Goodnight.

No comments:

Followers