25 March 2008

Boston Red Sox

Game 1 - Tokyo, Japan

Well, I was wrong about the start time. I set my alarm for a few minutes before 5am, only to wake and realize that the game didn't start until 6:05am. "That's okay, I can use the extra hour of sleep," I thought to myself. At 6:00 my alarm went off (again) and I went straight to the TV in the office. I was a few minutes early, so I scanned through every channel looking for NESN. (I don't watch much TV so I haven't a clue about which stations are on which channels.)

Opening pitch: Joe Blanton of the Oakland A's
First at bat: Dustin Pedroia of the Red Sox - first base run.

Then, three outs by Youkilis, Ortiz and Manny. Now, Oakland up at bat...after Travis Buck grounds out, Mark Ellis hits a homerun, ball going straight up through centerfield into the stands. Damn! Good hit man, but damn. Next, two walks, Cust gets hit by Matsuzaka's pitch and Barton makes it home.

That's all I've seen so far. The game will be replayed today at 2 and 2:30pm but, unfortunately, I'm working until 5pm and won't be able to see it. Perhaps someone will record it?

Off to the daily grind...

No comments:

Followers