05 December 2011

From Florida with love...

It's 12:39 am and I've been stalking the internet for hours. I'm on vacation in FL with the fam and haven't had a chance to get online in the last few days. It's a good thing I did tonight, because it gave me and AGF a chance to Skype! She and I have been missing each other a lot and haven't been keeping in very good touch...bad us! I'm listening to "Kondratieff Wave" by Ian Stewart on repeat and loving the feeling it's giving me; what a good vibe. It came recommended by a friend and I suggest you check it out.

S & J moved down here in the summer and I'm sure my parents are soon to follow. Everyone seems to be migrating to the Florida area (and when I say everyone, I mean New Englanders) and that doesn't exclude my family and close friends. It seems I know a lot of people who are living down here these days. I can't say that it's a bad place to be - warmth year round (read: no snow), beaches, tropical flora and fauna, and happiness driven by sunshine. I personally like the change of seasons, the smell of Autumn, the snow of Winter; but I know people who have shoveled for years and are ready for a change. So be it. I will just come visit :)

On another note, I was FB photo stalking some friends tonight, reading about recent engagements, honeymoons, and wedding planning. How nice of them to re-plant this seed in my eager mind. It got me so excited thinking about being at that point in my life...the point where I finally start planning a future with someone. I know I've almost been down this road before and sometimes that still makes me sad, knowing that it didn't work out for us. On the other hand, I look at photos of us with friends and I just want to cut him out and replace him with Cam. C's brought a lot of sunshine to my life and I hope that he continues to do just that....

I'm heading back to the Boston area mid-afternoon today and very much looking forward to seeing Cam and cuddling a *lot* :) I'm not ready to say goodbye to tank tops, flip flops, and constant sunshine, but I guess I'll have to make do with whatever I can find in between the Autumn clouds. I just hope it's warm enough to keep riding my bike!

In another month I'll be spending a week and a half in Boulder with Cam, and I'm REALLY looking forward to that! We'll be visiting YJ & RT and their pup. They've not only offered their spare room, but also use of their second car if we need it. How sweet! I'm hoping we can do some snowshoeing and/or skiing some powder, since I've never skied out West. I have no idea if Cam's ever skied, but if he hasn't, we will teach him! After Boulder I'll spend a few weeks in Midland, TX, the cement capital of the country (so I've been told) and is also the hometown of George W. Bush. Awesome. I may have to keep my middle-of-the-road political mouth shut while I'm down there, hehe :)

Until then though, I get to say whatever I want in Boston, knowing that I won't be judged. (insert smug look and childish laughter) Until next time....

No comments:

Followers