17 January 2011

"Hi, my name is Todd"

I saw Mister "Hey, nice galoshes!" guy again tonight. I made it a point to buy a few things at TJs so that I could see how he reacted to seeing me again. Clearly it was necessary to pick up three bananas, an avocado, hummus & ID crisis chips (if you don't know what these are, head to TJs). I purposely went to his register so he could wait on me...how nice of me, eh? We exchanged the regular "How are you?"s, I asked him if he recognized me the other night, he confirmed and asked how I ended up at Nick's the other night. He was curious to find out that I am friends with JH (and TC too, I mentioned), which is why I was there. He continued on about how cool the poetry reading had been, I commented that I had not been there, and he followed by suggesting a weekly poetry read that happens Mon nights at Ralph's. All along I checked out his face, his beard - it's texture and varying colors, his teeth, his shaved head. I didn't bother mentioning that poetry really doesn't interest me. I merely said, "Cool, thanks. Have a good night," and off I went....

No comments:

Followers