19 September 2008

overhaul

That's what I feel is about to happen - a complete overhaul of all of my belongings. As I come closer to my one-week vacation to Denver, and a potential decision to move there or elsewhere, I am getting more and more anxious to purge. I am ready to open up the cabinets and throw away what I no longer need, while organizing those things I believe are worth keeping. This will definitely be a challenge for me, as I've collected hundreds of photos over the years (and now don't remember all of the people in them!), books, knick-knacks and have a tendency to make piles of papers everywhere on and around my desk. The "to do" pile, the "to file" pile...you get the idea. I'm sick of all the paper!

In other news, I'll be singing tonight at my mom's temple with two others and a live band. We're doing a jazz night - music from Fats Waller, Dorothy Fields, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, etc. I'll be singing five songs; two are solos, two are duets and the last a trio. My solos: "Come Rain or Come Shine" and "It's Easy to Remember" (which I don't know that well...so technically, it's NOT easy to remember, hehe). The duets are "At Last" with Rik and "Bei Mir Bist du Schein" with June and the audience. For the trio, Rik, June and I will sing "I Got Rhythm". It was my idea to have all three of us sing it, as it's so upbeat and fun...and much more exciting with three voices than one. Here goes!

I'm getting ready for one last camping trip of the season. My neighbors and I are heading to Phantom Island on Lake George, NY, in the Adirondacks region. The days are still beautiful but it's damn cold already. I'm definitely going to need my layers! And wool socks! I'm hoping to whip up a batch of granola today and perhaps another zucchini bread...mmm, that first one was delish! Renee and I are brining some chicken sausages, veggies and hummus, s'more fixins and who knows what else. I've got plenty of snacky foods: nuts, veggie chips, etc. If you're thinking that this all sounds too extravagant, well it's not your typical camping trip. Roger brings a huge "kitchen" setup and we have coolers upon coolers of food. The week will start with four people, then eventually add up to about seven or eight. I'm pretty excited. I hope the water is still warm though...I like my morning dips, bathing with Simple Green. Sounds awful, right? Well, I've survived it thus far and Simple Green is biodegradable, so I think it will be okay.

I'll let you know how the "concert" goes. I'm off to whip up some granola and grab some grubbage while I'm in the kitchen.

1 comment:

fred said...

Can I get your granola recipe? I've been looking for a really good granola recipe for ages!

Followers