05 September 2008

Light as a Feather

You know when you make a decision and you feel like you are floating on air? I guess I sort of feel that way. Or at least I feel it vicariously through two of my friends. Fred, from college, is moving to San Fran next week - no job, no apt, no friends in the city. He said he's wanted to live there since he was 15, and now he is finally doing it. Gidon is moving to Israel in three days. He went to Israel for the first time when he was little and has been back almost every year since. He has family there. He moved there for a short while after college, but wasn't ready for the experience. Now he's ready and going - he will make Aliyah, become a citizen, enroll in the army and serve, etc. I'm thrilled to bits for Fred and Gidon.

I realize, too, that it's about time for my next big adventure. I worked hard all summer, saved up and the time is near. I've been considering moving to Denver, CO. I don't know why, other than the fact that Denver is just fucking cool; it's beautiful, forward-thinking (in regards to green lifestyles, recycling, healthy living, etc.) and it's the perfect setting for the type of outdoor experiences I'm craving. My friend Amanda has a friend who lives there and is looking for a roommate. Another friend of mine from college lives there and works for the university. There are two contact people right there for me.

In other news, I bought a new toothbrush over the weekend. I first saw it online last year and have been interested in it ever since. Amanda and Anthony use it and say it's wonderful, so I thought that was good enough market research on my part and decided to get one. It's the Radius Source toothbrush. Features:
  • 93% Recycled Material - 47% Renewable Resource
  • Replaceable Heads + Wooden Handle = Only 7% of toothbrush wasted as compared to 100% of ordinary toothbrushes.
  • Wooden Handle is molded from recycled wood bio-plastic resulting in 100% renewable resource.
  • New lightweight unbreakable replacement heads made from surgical-grade nylon.
  • Dramatically increases softness and efficacy of brushing with 65% more bristle tufts than ordinary toothbrush.
  • Reversible for both Right or Left handed brushing - Available in soft or medium bristles.
  • Handle lasts forever. Simply throw the heads away!

I tried it tonight for the first time and LOVED it! I love the handle, the soft bristles, the wide head that reaches all around my teeth and doesn't scrape against my already-revealed roots from my already-receding gumline.

This is my second night (morning?) staying up WAY past my bedtime. It's past 4 am and I'm writing this blog, chatting on Skype with Cora - I love you AGF! I'm sure there were more things to say. For example, I went for two bike rides today; one to bring stuff to my mom at work before her treatments and the second to dinner. I went for pizza with the boys at Hot Tomatoes, it was yummy! It's only down the street so I felt comfortable riding in the dark. I brought my headlamp and ended up using it to illuminate the roads on the ride home. It was a going-away dinner for Gidon and a happy birthday celebration for Brian. YAY!

I think now it's time for la la land. Tomorrow I welcome our new dishwasher (the appliance, not a person) into the house upon delivery. I also hope to go for another ride or perhaps a run? Probably going to start doing more research on Denver. Wish me luck...I think I'm going to need it.

Cheers.

1 comment:

fred said...

Yeah Colorado!

Followers