19 January 2009

So many things.

Life has been hectic-ly lovely lately. I finally moved to Worcester, started and finished one winter session course and met some great people. My class started before I had an apt, so I stayed for a week with my new friend Mollie. We met on Craigslist. She has an adorable dog Blucka and a super-cuddly cat Burgle. Then Nart moved in, he's fun. We all have fun teasing each other and joking around. Then I moved out and into my new place a few miles away. Now the three of us bug each other on Facebook and I show up unannounced to visit when I can. It's great!

My winter session course was intense and I loved every moment. Okay, I got sick of memorizing after the first week, but it pays off! It was a great ice-breaker for getting back into a college degree program. I realized, though, that I need to do a LOT of grammar and verb reviewing this semester. I intended to study my verbs this weekend but instead finished unpacking, put away the boxes, did laundry, cleaned the apt and went shopping (grocery and other). They were all tasks that needed to be done. I was about to start nibbling on the counters if I didn't make it to the market, haha.

My Spanish professor thinks I'm a klutz...I think she's right....
I spilled a mug of tea today, all over the floor.
Prior to that I spilled water while I was watering my plants.
A few years ago I sprained both ankles, on two different occasions.
I fell off my bike when I was 8 or 9 and had major stitches.
One time I ran to get the phone and smacked into a pole.
In high school I walked into a screen door (I didn't see it!).
Oh there are so many more, but I can't think of them right now.

Last week Hector (a friend) and I went to dinner at the Boynton for salad and pizza. It was good, but not the best. I will find the best pizza in Worcester...even if I have to eat pizza every weekend for the next three months! Okay, that's not likely, and not in my budget, but I love pizza so much that I'd be okay with it!

Tomorrow night Rich is coming up from Providence and we might have dinner at the Sole Proprietor. If not, we might go somewhere else. The Sole serves a lot of fish, which I normally don't like...but they have sushi and I am happy with that! I guess my last statement could be confusing to some; let me clarify. I love sushi but not [most] cooked fish. I will eat cooked squid, tempura soft-shell crab or shrimp and crab cakes (i.e. fried dough with bits of clam that you can't taste anyway). BUT, I will not eat Salmon in any way, shape or form. Too fishy. Nor scallops. I've downed a few cherrystones with lemon juice and Tabasco in my time, but they just gave me a belly ache.

I was just checking out other people's photos on Flickr and I came across "muskrat love". It reminded me that I've always wanted to have my body painted...perhaps Halloween 2009?

I'm feeling tired and think I'll have a short nap. Last night's (this morning's) sleep was interrupted just past 4 a.m. by a text message from Pete, saying he didn't think he'd come visit today because he was up plowing and hadn't been to sleep at all. Then our plow guy called at 8:30 a.m. while I was trying to sleep in. I was prompted to go downstairs to move mine and Jaime's cars so the plow guy could clean out the driveway. Not a bad reason to get up I don't think.

Ta-ta for now....

No comments:

Followers