29 April 2008

Rainy Morning

Wow, it's been seventeen days since I've written, where has the time gone?!

I'm house-sitting this week. NPR is playing in the background and I'm not even listening. It's almost 9am and I'm still in my pajamas...ahhh...it's raining out, has been since last night. Should continue through tonight. So about the house-sitting. Besides the house, there are two teenage boys - an eighth grader and high school senior (who is taking college courses, hence a loose daily schedule). The kicker is that they're both boys and I haven't ever spent much time with teenage boys...not since I was a teenage girl anyway! Last night I thought, "My god, they hate me!" It turns out I'm probably wrong. According to two of my friends, teenage boys hate everyone, haha. Each morning I have to wake the 8th grader. This morning I made him and I pancakes - I think that was necessary for the bonding experience. He's got a lacrosse game this afternoon, so I'll try and watch a bit of the game before I pick him up at 5pm. Tonight's dinner is going to be a Tostada Salad, made with ground turkey instead of beef, as the recipe calls for. This is actually quite fun! Last night at dinner (tortellini with vodka sauce, onion & broccolini and chicken sausages) I told the boys they are my test subjects - I have never cooked for teenagers before. Hah, I really don't think they care as long as they get to eat!

Working just a half day today - 9:30-1:30. Renee's grandmother died over the weekend so the funeral is today. Unfortunately, I cannot make it because I am working, but I will be attending the luncheon after I get out of work. Oh crap, gotta go!

No comments:

Followers