02 March 2009

Zeitgeist, Totalitarianism & Micro-chipping

I am watching Zeitgest, The Movie, on google video right now, wondering what the heck the Zeitgeist movement is all about. The movie is trippy, frightening and shocking...not to mention has very intense music. The more I see of it, the more fascinated I become. Perhaps you will think I am a heretic for enjoying the movie. If you have two free hours, I suggest checking it out. Be patient though, because the beginning might make you want to close your browser and walk away.

Earlier, I watched an interview with Aaron Russo, a now-deceased former film producer, libertarian politician and activist. I believe on one webpage it said that he often referred to himself as a "freedom fighter," but don't quote me on that. In the interview he discussed his opinions on the current development of a totalitarian, corporate-driven society we live in here in the United States. Those are some strong accusations and mind-blowing to someone like me who is slowly getting involved in American politics and trying to see all sides...even of those most extremely opinionated people. Russo and others believe that religion and the Federal Reserve have a stronghold on our identities and beliefs as free thinkers. I haven't yet formed my opinion on this topic.

Supposedly in 2005 there was the creation of the "North American Union", in which the Canada, the U.S. and Mexico have essentially erased all borders, becoming one large union. Following that would come the Amero - our version of the Euro. It all seems so ridiculous and crazy to think about...based on silly conspiracy theories...but interesting nonetheless.

In addition, I watched a few videos this morning about micro-chipping. I found one on the Organic Consumers Association website about NAIS: the National Animal Identification System. Once again, I come across an extremely controversial topic in the minds of many Americans today. I am in complete opposition to this idea for many reasons...none of which I feel like discussing right now.

All in all, it's been an interesting, informative and entertaining morning. The perfect way to start a snow day! :) I hope you enjoy the reads and please let me know your opinions if you do decide to browse any of the links.

Cheers.

No comments:

Followers