08 March 2009

The Watchmen

I have yet to read the graphic novel or see the movie, but a friend suggested "The Watchmen" to me tonight. He said I'd not regret buying the book and seeing the movie. He also said that if I love dark, then I will love this movie. I love dark. I am sure he's correct about me loving this story. The last dark, superhero movie I watched was The Dark Knight...excellent if you haven't seen it!

Here is what Jeffrey had to say about the movie:

A disgusted, disillusioned superhero is complaining about what society has become, and says:
"The city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, "Save us!" and I'll look down and whisper, "No.""

Oooh, just puts a shiver in me...I can't wait to read and see it! :) Thanks J.A.!!!

No comments:

Followers