24 March 2009

Crumbling down...

...the walls, the support beams, the structure of what we've built over the last month and a half. When you got back you said you'd never go back. You said you'd be done in two, and we would be one. I would have relocated...it was that serious. We would have been together. But now, now you may go back, you may make this your life. You asked if it could be mine, too. I thought love was unconditional, sacrificial, but this feels like suffocation...just thinking about that life closes the windows and doors on me and the walls come crumbling down. We had a love that felt like none other. You threw me a curve ball that scared me out of my boots, boots that were tied with double knots. Now those laces are lying open on the ground...vulnerable and exhausted from holding on.

No comments:

Followers