05 December 2010

Am I an artist too?

I am surrounded by artist friends - they draw, paint, build, photograph, sing, entertain and educate. I can do those things too...but do I have a niche? Today was stART at the Station, a well-attended crafts fair in our historic Union Station. Gorgeous. I wore my new suspenders and as excitedly expressed by Grace, "They have lace!" Tom and I tried on some felt animal hats and M&D met my local artist friends. They are a lovely bunch! I am fascinated by their talents and local involvement with the ever-expanding artist community around here, though find myself in the shadows wondering when I will finally tap into my inner artist too. Where is she?

I've just spent the last hour checking out some Industrial Design websites. I was linked to them from Shoham's Girls Gone Wild Dot Me and then from other pages. Inspiring stuff.

Cards. Greetings. Birthdays. Paper & ink & marker & glue. Canvas too?

No comments:

Followers