11 March 2011

Work-Life Balance

This is a phrase I am currently not familiar with. In the last 6 months I have become consumed with my job. I commute, I arrive, I work, I commute, I end up at home. Eat, sleep, shower & repeat five times each week. There hasn't been as much time for working out or emotional freedom as I'd hoped for. I know a majority of that stems from the breakup and the months of crying and heartache. As for the lack of gym attendance, I am tired & hungry when I get back to town and just want to collapse, not work out! It's sad. I used to work out five times a week, and I am not talking about my college years!

When I interviewed at a.h., everyone kept mentioning the work-life balance and how important it is to them (and to the company). I will be travelling 70% of the time for work, but (from what I understand thus far) I will be given sufficient down time. In-between travel dates I will be cramming in clothing/apt cleaning and visits with family and friends, but on my off weeks (aka in-office time) I hope to have enough time go dancing, go on a few dates & just relax! :)

I just came across an online video of the H.S.'s VP of Engineering talking about why people should work for their company. He also mentioned the work-life balance (while standing in front of a beer cooler, I might add). I know that a.h. also keeps brews in the cooler for after-meeting "happy hours" or whatever one might call it.

I find it fascinating (and exciting!) that I will soon be working for a company that will give me a leash of independence to be self-motivated, a self-starter and have opportunities to work at my own pace while at the same time working on time lines with various projects. Not to mention the laptop and phone they'll provide me! haha It's big time :)

Just a few more weeks....

No comments:

Followers