21 February 2009

Saturday's pleasures

"I'm so f*ing pissed right now!" exclaimed Jaime. She wants to go hit something. I completely understand. I told her about Jill's 'friends' from ENC back in the day and how they told her she wasn't Christian enough. Jaime's mom was just telling her about some similar-minded folks...ignoramuses.
It's been a while since I've written, a couple weeks. Things with Jeff are amazing! The picture above is from the weekend he came home with me to "Meet the Parents"...though it was nothing like Ben Stiller's experience! We woke up early Saturday morning to watch the sunset over Onota Lake...gorgeous. After coming home to see my family, I spent another night with him and his. We had fun taking cute pics in the bathroom after washing up for bed...
He's in LA once again but, surprisingly, the distance hasn't been too bad. I haven't seen him in 11 days...so the Cloud 9 feeling hasn't worn off yet. I even had my "time" last week and didn't get depressed over it all. That must be a sign :)

I've got two exams coming up next week in Intermediate Spanish II and Conversation II. I tried to get some clues out of Prof. P-M yesterday but she wasn't too revealing. All she said was that the exam would be easy. First tests are always a bit stressful though, don't you think?

I'm trying to fight off a sore throat/swollen nasopharynx, ugh. I've been pumping my body with fluids and vitamin-rich foods. I've also been running the humidifier all day...which makes the air colder in the apt but I'm sure will be worth it in the end. We have forced air here and it doesn't seem to warm the air as well as other types of heat I've lived with...not to mention it feels like a cool breeze carrying a few spare warm air particles around. The cons (for people other than me) is that forced air is good for a unified system of heat and A/C. Blech to A/C...unless I'm on a really long car ride in the super-hot summer sun. Then it's okay :)

Tonight's supper consisted of quinoa with a mushroom & onion cream sauce (picture is from before I added the quinoa) and a side of sauteéd spinach and garlic...mmm! Joined with a tall glass of ice cold milk, who could ask for more?

Now I'm off to call Jeff-fa-fa and relax for the rest of the night. Chau!

No comments:

Followers