01 May 2008

Nutrition

This week I am house- and teenage-boy-sitting, as I mentioned before. I am to wake the 15 year-old each morning at 6:30 am, make sure he gets to the bus stop (end of the driveway) by 7:07 am, and then pick him up in the afternoons after the late bus drops him off or after a LAX game. I watched his LAX game the other day and enjoyed it greatly! I wanted to yell my head off and jump up and down, but I thought I might embarass him...after all, he is 15 and doesn't know me that well, ha.

I have been making breakfasts for Andrew every day and dinners for us three, which includes his older brother (he's 18 and isn't thrilled that I'm even here this week, because, after all, he is an "adult" now). Anyway, last night at dinner the boys were talking about the food I've been cooking and it seems as if they've enjoyed every bit of what I have cooked so far. Andrew mentioned that he's been eating breakfast every day (to Sam's complete surprise - and perhaps with a mix of jealousy? - "You are?!"). I announced that we had banana pancakes Tues morning and yogurt, fruit and granola Wednesday morning. (Today I cooked Bird's Nests for Andrew - everyone gives them a different name - bread with a hole cut out of the middle, fried in a pan with an egg filling up the hole...and I also toast up the little holed-out middles too, cause I can't see wasting food, ever! I also sent him off with some of my mom's apple and chocolate chip cake, a banana and juice box.) The point is, Andrew said that since he's been eating breakfasts, which was only two mornings at that point, he has found himself with much more energy throughout the day. WOAH! And the professionals all say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I have just, unknowingly, performed my own research on this topic and succeeded with excellent results! Go breakfast! :)

No comments:

Followers